Saturday, August 25, 2012

What the Hell Have I Been Doing???

You had to know that sooner or later I would return, right?? Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing has yet been to be determined.

So anyways………………..  the knitting goes well sort of, in that I have some FOs for show and tell

did a small change in the pattern,
so that the cables would lean toward the center
the right side leans left and the left side leans right, dud da
and yes it was Beth approved

frost flowers in moss
 

Have started x-mas socks. Last year socks, were a triffle loose, so this year I decided to do mine first, just to check gauge. And this turned out to be a good thing, loose again, went down to a #1 needle. Fun fun fun, a little hard on the hands but such is life.
 

 Will be working our way through the ‘The Knitter's Curiosity Cabinet’ , a really neat sock book, that my friend Harriet made me buy.  Matching up, at least, I hope, the pattern to the giftee. That is the plan, no pics until after x-mas for obvious reasons, get over it.
not so common fern
focus is a little funky, sorry
Note to self:  if you change the pattern, ya might want to make a note of what the hell you did. That way when you start the 2nd sock you will at least have a clue. I had frogged the 1st sock when I noticed that it might have a roll problem. Decided to fix with a knit one round, purl one round, that is my best guess I hope maybe that is it.
 
And I have been doing some beading, my excuse is my hands have been having a few cramping issues while knitting, so a change of projects......... And that is my story and I am sticking to it. Never mind that my inner beader has resurfaced. 
a gift for my friend, Sally
purple and green sparkles
 
And and very important, Sunday at midnight, is the start of a mystery shawl KAL. I know, I swore off mystery KALs. Don't know what to say but well ummm  ya
got the yarn
got the beads
i is ready
like no I will not be staying up til 12


And been dealing with a few old age health issues, like for some reason the gods thought a good joke on me would be asthma, shit damn ugh. I will learn to control it I guess if I must as breathing is important, right.?

this is my cabin where I hope to still be able to go
and also breathe at the same time
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. The new shawls and the beadwork are all so beautiful!

    And, yay for Christmas socks! I <3 them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, are you saying I'm an enabler??? Who, me?

    All your projects, as usual, look quite lovely. You're so good to make holiday socks for everyone. Better person then me.

    ReplyDelete