Monday, September 10, 2012

Oh Crap, I Need a Title, Maybe


been having this problem,
did I blog about this already, yes no
not sure
should I check
Ya that’s going to happen

Screw it, if I am repeating myself
rack it up to old age, that’s it, yes, old age

Oh yes, the blog get on with it.

Remember the scarf that was woven at the BSKG retreat??  Ya that one.

Since the September meeting of the guild is happening like real soon, I figured that maybe felting the scarf  just might be a good idea.  Well, let me tell you, in the future I should not ever ever be allowed to felt.  It is just not something I do well and sometimes shit does happen and I tried really hard not to screw it up because I am aware that felting is something that…………….  
 
Don’t know what to say, Bob likes it but you know that’s Bob  (Bob being the person who lives here with me and Beth, the beagle).   The truth of how bad it is will come out when the guild tries to ravel it off.  This will teach them to put me in charge of anything. EVER
can you see how very wonky it is?

Maybe when the guild sees that I made 2 count them 2 charity blankets they will forget about the felting debacle.

see two....  with yarn to spare


On a happier note: the KAL shawl is an ever growing blob with shiny beads to add interest.  The first part was many many row of stockinette stitch (knit a row, purl a row, the beads did help to keep me from going bonkers, look shiny.
 
The next clue, the lace started along with more beads, ya gotta love beads. I am almost done with clue 3, and now to decide if I would like to do a repeat of clue 3 before starting clue 4. One minute, I decide the blob going to be large enough with only one repeat, the next I think I have enough yarn to do a repeat so why the hell not…………… And the final decision, enough is enough, no repeats.
can you see the beads?
how about now?
Have, however, figured out what I do not like about mystery KALs…………  I like to know where I am going just in case I wish to make a change or deviate from the pattern. Those that know me well, are now laughing their asses off, I can just hear them. If I can remember this little bit of wisdom in the future, like when a mystery knit looks so cool and so fun. I should just poke myself with a very sharp lace knit needle.


resident of the Detroit zoo
completely unrelated I know
but he/she is so damn cute

 

No comments:

Post a Comment