Since the rumor was false, and I am feeling more myself, I suppose I had best get back to blogging…………….. Been waylaid with a nasty bout of IBS, will spare you the
![]() |
| have no knit pic so I give you this which I stole |
Knitting
at the moment is for the holidays, so pictures should show up in a few days. Meanwhile ………. There is this little bit of a whine bitch
rant. We will start at the beginning because where else??
Last month,
I was thinking about knit gifts for the holidays.
Choose
patterns, decided on yarn,
started to knit the Christmas socks because I had
the yarn.
and waited and waited
Weeks later
sent this note to Webs:
Dear
people of Webs,
On
November 3, I placed my first ever order with you. Being very careful to order only in-stock
items even over others that I would have preferred because they were ‘in
stock’.
Then
waited one whole week with nothing happening, only to receive an e-mail that
two of the items were out of stock and would be shipped when in stock. So, the wait was on, checked in and looked
about two weeks later, oh look, they are all in stock. Waited some more and checked back and guess
what………… oh, out of stock, again. WTF
Meanwhile,
I have received bunches of e-mail in which you, Webs, would like me to order
more yarn. You are kidding, right? I am still waiting for my first order and in
all likelihood last order and or soon to be canceled order.
Honestly,
the discount is not worth all this.
Sincerely,
Donna Mrozek ![]() |
| this is spacer |
On Nov
30 I received a reply (note this is almost
one whole month later):
Hello
Donna,Thank you for your email. I do hear your frustration. The biggest issue that affects our inventory is our huge retail store. Which pulls from the same inventory. We also have to check both locations for any order that cannot be filled directly from the warehouse. This is not meant to sound like excuses, I am just trying to provide you with some information about our system. With the order volume that we have at this time things are taking longer than normal.
I
understand that you are anxious to get your beautiful Madelinetosh yarn. That yarn is very popular. They are a small hand dying company and their
yarn can take longer than our normal 2-3 weeks to re-stock. We are expecting a shipment from Madelinetosh
in the next week but I have no way of knowing if your yarn is in that shipment.
I have
removed your shipping charge from this order.
Please let me know if there are any changes you would like to make to
the order.
Please
accept my apology for the delay.
Theresa --------------Customer Service
So, I
am thinking that this means their fuckin’ computer system sucks.
Now
torn between, perverse curiosity as to how long it could really take to get
this yarn or saying screw you Webs and canceling. Somehow 2 months is just a bit much!!!
![]() |
| pic of Beth because she just so damn cute |



So sorry to hear about your health issues and the problem with Webs.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling well enough to go to Sally's Thursday evening. Call me sometime. We can knit.
Webs sounds like they suck at keeping track of things. And I'd personally be annoyed that she didn't even address the system saying something is IN STOCK when it ISN'T...ugh. I'd write them back and ask for additional discount every week your order doesn't arrive. Somehow free shipping doesn't really cover the inconvenience!
ReplyDeleteAnd, we are all SOOOO HAPPY with our Christmas pressies from you! :) Thank you from me, Michael and Alex!!! :)