Sunday, December 30, 2012

Holiday Gifts Revealed

Time to get in gear  ducks in a row  my shit together. With the holidays done, as promised we have gift pics

First up socks, what else:  this year, I choose a different pattern for each recipent, from the best ever book of socks, The Knitter's Curiosity Cabinet, choose the pattern I felt best suited to the receiver of the socks, at least that is what I had in mind.  I think it worked out ok.
 
socks for Mike
And there were hats:
Sam's hat (oh, that would be Samantha my favorite granddaughter)
 - a Steven West pattern Dustland

 
 
The guys hat -  a Jared Flood pattern  Turn a Square   
 

Mike's hat (my oldest son), because the minute I saw this hat I just knew that it was a Mike hat - Hesh, a by Malia Mather pattern



And for Tina, the best ever masseuse in the world - Antelope - Kelly McClure pattern
 Tina can be found here
we heart Tina
 
 And one pair of fingerless gloves:

for Keith by request of Samantha
(Keith, Sam's boyfriend)
 

And a partly done sweater, for Brie my daughter in law,
knit far enough along to check for fit:
 
sweater in a box kit
started for you to finish
it came back for me to finish
WTF is that about?
 And the best ever, for my other favorite granddaughter, Ani
a requested vest
 
 

Some day, maybe hopefully I will remember to take a pic of person with………….
Shut up, it could happen.
 
Oh and what did I get, you may ask? 
knitting needles and not just any needles but......
 
am knitting lace
lace rocks with these needles
who knew!

and and double points, too

The person who I live with rocks
that would be Bob
I think I will keep him for a while longer
Thanks, hon, love you
 

3 comments:

  1. I love my socks! :)

    And nobody told me I was supposed to finish my sweater. I think it would never be done if I didn't send it back for you to complete... And I am excited about wearing that when it is ready.

    Thank you so much for the lovely handmade gifts -- they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were totally right about my hat - it's my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Bob is definitely a keeper!

    All your gifts look lovely. Boy, you really cranked them out, lady. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete