Every year at this time, over
on the BSKG group forum, there is a listing for knitting intentions for the coming year. So, this year I decided to jump in and list
what I hope for in 2013. Has
anyone noticed that this is a 13 year……
who believes in superstitions anyway???
13 could be a lucky number ……………..
good luck with that, am sure all will go well, right, yes? opps, but I regress! sorry.
So
these are my personal intentions list of stuff:
1. UFOs, what else, finish, frogg
or hide in back of closet, whatever it takes to make them go away and not clog
up my life.
2. Do more weaving because this
has been sadly neglected what with being housed in the farthest room from the
john. Long story you don’t want to know.
3. Start next year’s holiday knits
way way earlier (yeah, that should happen).
4. Try to stay healthy.
Please
note there are no intends, I do not do intends, tend to get sidetracked too
easily, look shiny sparkly……..
With
all that in mind and on day 7 of the year 13, let us take a look at how it
goes…..
UFO’s
1. Brie’s present for Christmas
- am just now starting the sleeves, so
it should be wrapped up soon, like a week or two depending on how things go.
2. I am working on the cut glass blanket
with no end in sight, sigh.
3. Weaving has resumed.
4. We are not talking about all
the others at the moment. Ok, just leave
me alone.
Startitis,
yeah, we fell down already so soon, who would have thought it, shut up!
1. Lady Violet’s Dinner Gauntlets,
a KAL - a Downton Abbey KAL, using a
yarn dyed special just for the project. And, yes, it is a mystery KAL and yes I
am aware that I did swear off…… but but it is Downton Abbey (actually not sure I will being doing this,
if I do there will be major changes modifications, just saying).
2. I received this beautiful yarn
from ‘grandson’ Alex, (Christmas present) and as luck would have it, stumbled
across the perfect patterns to do it justice. So, of course…….. can you guess what exactly I did? Bought the patterns, now which one
which one????
3. The guild KAL for
January………….. so ok yes I is doing it,
of course, even though it is a cowl.
And
this boys and girls is why I do not ever do intentions, resolution, promises
about knitting (actually about any old thing for that matter) ………………… look shiny, oh and I have a couple of bead projects started.
Since we are way picture short .......
I'm excited about my sweater! And can't wait to see the patterns you got for the yarn from Alex. (And now I am really off to the gym -- Michael already left).
ReplyDelete