Monday, February 18, 2013

Fun Times

So far, my 1990 in2013 shawl (Heritage KAL) has had one time out, a few short tinks back and at row 26, I hoped I had found the right combination for my issues.

1. lighting:  the chart is really really small ‘print’ for my old eyes

2. line marking with magnets: following across long rows of chart, did I mention really small?

3. marker placement: the markers keep having to be shifted (it’s a lace thing)

The shifting of markers, so far, is the biggey a lot bit of a bitch. Yeah, it is fun, and I mean that in a good and bad way. 

And it was moving along finally at the good pace (not great but good), I thought, ‘ok, this is really going well, got it down to a science, all problems solved', and and then………….  the knit goddess decided to give me a fuckin’ reality check. I got all the way to row 26, with a lot of blood, sweat and tears cussing. Don’t get me wrong, it is a wonderful pattern. So, I had it all figured out, I got smug, thinking life would be good and then it happened.  I absently was kinda stretching out the lace to admire the work,
 
wait for it .……..

 

 

OH SHIT!!!  A DROPPED STITCH! 

Yeah, a fuckin’ dropped stitch 15 rows back,
that I somehow compensated for and did not miss,
go figure. 


Did a down and dirty fix. 

looks a little wonky
not to worry
it will block out, honest


I am lovin’ the pattern.

Concluding with something that is going pretty well.  Shhhh, the goddess might hear………………  



Two pears on their way to becoming a giraffe for granddaughter, Ani's 7th birthday. Special request, she thought I should be able to go to the stash, get the yarn, knit the thing and give it to her before she left for the day. Negotiated for her birthday.
 
 

spring should be here soon
let us hope
 

No comments:

Post a Comment