Thursday, May 9, 2013

I'm Posting, Now Shut Up


It has been brought to my attention by certain members of the flock (who will remain nameless) that  ……………  this posting haphazardly is turning into a bloody boor.  Yeah, I know, really I do ……………    all I can say is, well, my life has been a little sucky lately, piss poor excuse, but it’s all I’ve got.  Also, I have had a few camera issues, while this does not really get in the way of blogging, it did cause me to procrastinate big time. 

 Have no idea where I left off or what has happened since last post….   So some highlights…….  Bob ( husband, yeah that one ) did the surgery thing, knee re-placement….   He is doing well, me I am tired.  He got to sit around, do a few exercises, etc.  Me, the highlight of my day was empty the porta potty (our only john is on the second floor). I cannot tell how I look forward to this. Fun times around here.  (Since I wrote this he now up a sort at it, about 80%)
 
have a real good pic of Bob
in the hospital but since I wish to live
with him for a while longer
you can use you imagination
 
Meanwhile, back at the knitting, yes I have managed some knitting, some of it was good and some was fuckin’ sad. One of the good FO's was the Ann Hanson sweater, that I though would be done in time for the her class.  Only about 4 weeks late. 

turned out well if I do say so myself


Knit the March KAL shawl while hanging at the hospital watching the staff torture Bob. That was fun.



Granddaughter's giraffe was done in time for her 7th birthday. Getting this done on time was of the highest priority. She is seven, she asked for the giraffe and she  ranks a little higher than a designer.
am thinkin' I should not have given him a beer
 
And now for the WIP,  2 shawls ………   Yeah, been working two at once. The way to deal with stress is: add more stress.  Why I do this have not a clue, but I digress, anyway……..

 Shawl #1  …..    1920 in 2013 has been subtitled,  Crash & Burn. Long story short…  started on #4 needle, worked all the crappy way to clue 3, about 120 rows of lace.  All the while thinkn’ it was lookn’ like a circus tent, from my neck to the bottom of my ass, not a good look, right.  What The Fuck, put it in a time out and then I knit clue #1 on #3 needles, looked more reasonable so went ahead and frogged the #4 needle mess.  Yeah, it was so sad and lame……Meanwhile back that the ranch, clue #6, the final clue was released. (Yeah I am that behind) Turns out you start from the cast on row and knit all 6 clues again.  Fine, I can deal , so I will now do clue 1 twice, clue 2 twice, etc. It was going well until…… you saw this coming, right, one morning  knit 8 rows, noticed a section looked a little wonky.  So, in my wisdom delusional state, tinked back just the wonky stitches.  I got to the row in question…..  noticed a wee little issue, the fuckn’ working needle had dumped off a bunch of stitches. Crap, secured dumped stitches and very carefully dumped the shit thing on the shelve to have a nice little rest.  The afternoon was spent tinking back 8 rows, that would be 137 lace stitches 8x.  fun times

please, note, it now has life lines
a little late but what the hell
 
The In Dreams shawl renamed…………. the frugin' nightmare Shawl. More frogging was involved but this time it was because I am an idiot, read the pattern wrong and did a stupid goof . ( If I could read I would be dangerous.)  Tinked back only 6 rows, shit load of beads had to be removed as I went.  Did a manual check of the pattern for the number of beads I would need………….    
 chart #1… 360    #2….. 888   #3…… 512    #4….. 872   #5…….   400 
that would be a total of 3032 damn beads.  Only have about 700 beads (stash), ordered more. The good news is the pattern calls for 5000, hope mine count is correct.
HOLY SHIT!!! an ant is eating my shawl!!

yes, I am aware that I may be insane, why do you ask???


While the shawls had a nice timeout I warped a loom and started a bead project. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I am not the only person who cannot read nor count. I am currently staring at a shawl that will be ripped back a couple of rows (AGAIN) because I cannot count to 9. I, too, would be dangerous if I had more literacy skills!
    Janet, who used to be at 511, but lives in Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  2. About time! :). Made me smile, and who doesn't love a drunken giraffe post!

    ReplyDelete