First up (yes there are more than one), the 1920 in 2013, crash & burn stole KAL, crashed and burnt and was frogged. It was going not too badly, had stopped screwing up so much, I was up to clue 3 working both ends at a time.
Then I had a chance to try on a finished stole (it was a
beautiful, huge circus tent) and well, let us just say this, fuck it, either I have to grow several inches
taller (don’t really see that happening) or make the thing smaller. Sadly, there is no way to alter the pattern,
so maybe someday when I feel the need to torture myself, I will knit it with
lace weight yarn and much small needles. I did some research, yeah, it is kinda the standard size for stoles. So I guess maybe I should
stay clear of all stole patterns. Or of
course I could grow but we have covered that already it think.
And
then and then, yeah like that ….. I
started doing this sweater, seaweed switched at birth, a KAL long with a knit fiend friend. Using the yarn, specified in the pattern, thought I had gauge (gauge issues suck) so I
knit a couple of inches in the round. Placed on two needles to do try-on, ok, I AM
NOT THAT PUDGGY!! HUGE like in circus tent huge!! So yeah frogg, ran
numbers with my sweater wizard program, cast on fewer stitches. Turned out not
as large but still too big …. Shit. So
again we did the froggie dance frogg.
My solution was, switch to a different yarn, smaller needles, same pattern.
My solution was, switch to a different yarn, smaller needles, same pattern.
Then there was this flirt with disaster, The Fruggin' Nightmare Shawl, it came rear close to
almost getting frogged. But I got over it, at least for now.
Finished chart 5, but still screwing up and having to tink.....
| and here it is in all it's glory, umpteen million beads |
So I'm not the only one that this happens to on a regular basis . . .
ReplyDeleteJanet (in AL)