Sunday, August 4, 2013

In Which We Are Redundant


How not to start a project,  found a pattern for the yarn that was to be used for 1920 in 2013, crash and burn shawl.  It kinda' went smoothly or as smoothly as any starts that I do.   Oh, you want the name of .........  it's Coleridge.  Named it Stand in for 1920 in 2013, crash and burn.  (am almost over it, why do you ask??)

Cast on 97 stitches.  Knit maybe 10 rows, notice something wonky, spend time trying to fix.  Give up, remove from needles, decide this was serendipitous since it was going to be too large anyways………..   cast on 81 stitches, worked up to the row 15, the row with the bobbles,  bobbles suck,  but knit the bobbles anyways. Work the return row, stop to admire  sucky bobbles.  Decide that, yes, bobbles really do suck.  Decide beads would be a better choice.  Decide that if using beads a cast on with beads would be special.  Decide that using the word decide is fuckin’ redundant….  Decide to stop using the word decide.  Spend maybe an hour or more trying to figure out how to spread out beads on the cast on row.  Figure it out after maybe three tries, yeah I know, math,  yeah, math sucks.  Cast on successfully with beads   Knit up to the bobble row and substitute a bead for the bobbles.  And we are now happy, well at least for now.  (yes,am aware that the use of the word suck was redundant)
 
ya will have to just take my word for it
it blocks out nicely, honest

can you see the beads?
 

And then there is this mess,  the fruggn' nightmare shawl
 

yes, I am still tinking away one this one, sigh!!
the yarn is beautiful and just so right
if only I would stop screwing up
  I don't want to talk about it .....    SHUT UP!!

Maybe, now we should talk about FOs, stuff I have actually managed to finish, and even to block in a not so timely fashion. 
 



April KAL, a little yarn work

note: this was an April KAL
it is now what, July/Aug
 
 
 after blocking all was forgiven,
this damn thing was a fuckin' crank.
 
 



best pic ever
am thinking

weaving  race session is in full gear
 

 
 
 
 

 








 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the FO's. I pick the cotton one. Thank you.
    Jacque

    ReplyDelete