Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Home from the Grand

Oh crap, it’s Wednesday and I am suppose to have had this all knocked out by now. Shit!

and yes, I do know that it has been 4 or 5 days, shut up, I am doing the best I can, piss-poor as it is.

 What I wrote so far:

Back from a little mini vacation, Bob (husband) and I went on 'the obligatory put old folks on bus and truck them to Mackinac Island to stay at the Grand Hotel tour'.  (seriously, I think that is what they should call it).  My second year and Bob’s first. 

And since this is turning into a fuckin’ failure of words on my part, am thinkin’ maybe we will just do a photo thingy. 
knitting on the porch of the Grand Hotel
is a must do

since one must 'dress' for dinner at the Grand
had to show off Evenstar
and this is, stand in for 1920 in 2013, crash and burn 


did some knitting - Grand Hotel Fuzzy
also this - Mackinac Island Fudge
wonder of wonders, can you guess what is in the bag????
Score, three skeins of Brier Rose,
found yarn in a shop that looked not the least like it might have yarn
from the outside it looks a little junky
but the yarn selection while small was very choice

notice the messiness out the window
Yeah, they were re-paving the drive
in front of the Grand





 
Trucks and or any motor vehicles are not allowed on the island excepted for....
guess, it is fuckin' difficult to pave using horses and wagons
 



WTF October 1 has come, time for the Mortica KAL  ....  so if you will excuse me I will be over there in the corner knitting.  But not to worry, KAL especially the mystery ones often lead to tons of bitching ranting artistic proses


 

No comments:

Post a Comment