Mystery KAL drama - Have had two names
for this shawl, 1st ‘Mortica
Mystery Shawl’ , yeah, real original, 2nd is ‘blood splattered cobwebs’, cobwebby coloured yarn and funky blood red
and dusty gold beads. Still not happy
with that name but until I think of something better ……………………. Any thoughts out there of a better name,
leave in comments. Keeping in mind
-
halloween
Addams family
mortica
…………………
Day one, down
loaded the pattern. Checked over charts. Was good to go….. Got out the yarn and beads and then I
noticed that, I need 4 count them 4 different needles sizes. Yeah, it was in the pattern notes but we all
know that sometimes I am a trifle reading challenged, if I could fuckin’ read I would be
dangerous. Everything came to a screaming
halt.
I had to find
needles size #4,5,6 and 7, but first it
seemed I had to find my favorite needle gauge thing. The one I put in a safe place so I could
always find it, yeah, that one. Damn, spent forever
looking for it and I still couldn’t find the stupid thing. Gave up and made do with a
lesser favorite gauge (what, you don’t have 3 or 4 of these things laying
around in hiding?). Then did not have
the proper sizes in needles that I liked for LACE knitting, since my yarn is very
fine lace weight am going down to #3,4,5 and 6 needles. And the good news is …. Signature needles, had all the right size needles.
| and there it was under the yarn for the beagle hat who knew? shit! 4 days later, of course |
Proceeded to start
knitting, and with the exception a few boggles on my part, you know standard screw
up stuff, all went well. Managed
to finish the first clue on time somehow or another, what with three repeats of
chart with the thing getting bigger and bigger, like 6 stitches every 2 rows.
Got a little concerned that maybe ‘Oh shit, is this going to be another circus
tent’. But with the arrival of clue 2, big sigh of relieve, one repeat of chart with ever growing long
long fuckin’ rows.
Pics you want to see pic of clue 1 ................................
| wrong side, all lumpy and bumpy |
| right side, unblocked, lookin' like shit |
| lightly blocked lookin' real good |
| beads beads |
| and more beads this thing is going to be very bead heavy |
Now if you will
excuse me, I must go, clue 2 is waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment