Thursday, February 23, 2012

Beware of Yarn Pushers in Sheep Clothing

Alert Warning: contains serious Yarn Porn.

So Tuesday night is Black Sheep knitters at Panera’s. Who knew that this could be so fun, so dangerous and so costly? I can only say that if yarn is your drug of choice, DO NOT associate with yarn enablers who have I-pads. They will take you to Etsy shops you never dreamed existed. There were owws and ahhs and OMGs and look at that’s.  

Oh, the site, you want to know what etsy shop it is, Dye for Yarn and or Dye for Wool

I fought the urge to log-on as soon as I got home and did the sensible thing, went to bed.  BUT over morning coffee the next day, I logged on. All that yarn goodness was still there. OMG, having to decide which oh which to get. IT WAS REALLY REALLY HARD. But I am a big person and can, if I must, make a decision.
So coming soon to my stash is:

Rotting poisonous strawberry OOAK
Silk/Merino Yarn Lace weight

Ruler of the forest OOAK 
Silk/Merino Yarn Lace weight

Rotten cheese OOAK
Silk/Merino Yarn Lace weight

Cooling lava
Silk Yarn Lace weight

Oh I get it, this is why we are called SHEEP and one should stay clear of dangerous dens of yarn pushers.

5 comments:

  1. The Strawberry is soooooooooooooo me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, these are very, very pretty yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FOr the uninitiated, what is OOAK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You really did it, didn't you? I keep saying I'm going to get some of their yarn and you just went and did it! You go girl!!! Those yarns are GORGEOUS.

    BTW to Anonymous - OOAK = one of a kind

    I'm still trying to decide what to get from that site. Guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Harriet! This is Brie. I just was in too much of a rush to label myself when I posted the second time. Often I can parse the acronyms, but couldn't figure that one out. :)

    ReplyDelete