Saturday, April 21, 2012

Knitters in the Wild

I is back from the wilds of Mio, MI. Was up north to open our cabin earilier this week, and went out to a diner in Rose City.  Sitting there waiting for the food to be brought forth, when Bob (ya, the husband) noticed a knitter sitting a few tables away. So, of course, I had to turn and give the knitting-in-public salute, sock on needles held aloft, of course, she returned the salute. Poor Bob, he had never in all the years we have been together seen such a thing. He was beside himself. So, very funny. And no he does not get embarassed by  OMG, you are knitting in public’

So now on the knitty stuff or what has been happening in my life of fiber addiction. NO there is no 12 step program, leave me alone, get over it.

LOOK LOOK OH LOOK
side one
the other side
Leaves of Torment are under some control, I think, I hope, maybe, perhaps. We are now whizzing along at the speedy snail’s pace. All of two sets of leaves done. I estimante that leaves of torment will go on and on forever, never ending………. only five more pages of very tiny charts to go but on the good front no repeats there of. I think I have found my life’s work.

Public knit 101 drags on and on. Not done yet, ugh.


Blue-gentian is almost done, do not have to use the charts anymore, two repeat of the chart to go. 

Of course, even before it is completed startitis reared it’s ugly head and I have choosen a little big huge really really nice lace project:‘American Brilliant’.  It is knit in sections and then sewn graphed together. But first there will be pic of gentian blocked, I do promise, honest
Oh, ya and the Black Sheep Knit Guild has come up with a charity knit, small blanket. So I will be knitting that.


Tomorrow, I am off to my LYS, Heritage Weaving and Spinning to learn to card weave. The fun never stops. Maybe that should be my FYS, favorite yarn shop since it is out in Lake Orion, about 45 minutes from home. Yes there are shops closer but I like this one best.

No comments:

Post a Comment