So anyways, last Sunday I took myself off to Heritage in Lake Orion to learn how to card weave from Joan Sheridan. I went with a
Well,
as it turns out, card weaving is: a) not so hard, b) fun and
c) very simple for something that looks so complicated. The instructor, Joan, being Joan, she made us
chart two patterns on graph paper with pretty colored pencils. No problem, I
love to color. Then choose cotton ‘yarn’, cut the yarn to length, then reading
the chart string the cards. Not as difficult as one would think, who knew!
| we played with colored pencils |
Once
we all got past the tangles that are the nature of the beast, we were ready to
weave.
| tangles lots of tangles |
Turn the cards a quarter turn four time forward then four turns back,
etc etc. until you run out of warp.
| see, I do seem to be having a good time |
As life would sometimes have it, it pays to be a little deaf; I heard cut one yard length of warp, oops, it was supposed to be 2 yards. But the good thing was…… one yard did not take so long to measure, to get untangled and I was done with my project by end of class. This being the guiana pig class, it was a learning curve for all, the next class for this will be cutting one yard. See screw ups are sometimes helpful.
Turned
out to be a fun fun class and the three hours went very quickly and before I knew
it, I had produced this……
| and yes this is a terribly wonky example of card weaving I should improve |
No comments:
Post a Comment