A little
knitting glilch, we all know that knit glilches are a bitch, that will make
the most patient of knitters let loose with all manner of expletives, is to
come across a knot in the yarn in the middle of the skein. The damn knot is put
there by the ‘manufactor’ as a joke. They probably diabolically laugh and laugh every
time they arbitrarily tie a knot wily-nily in the yarn when it breaks in the
skeining process.
What brought
this up you ask? Well, I was knitting along on my Fair Isle cardi, the first
big bad old knot showed up in the middle of a round. Damn, shit and so on, it
had to be cut, a new end ‘woven’ in. The whole process is at best annoying. But
but then a few days later, another knot reared its ugly head. And guess what,
it turned up right dead center in the middle of a steek (7 stitches that will
cut), it just could not have been more perfect. It had it’s little head cut off when I steeked
the armholes, no problem what so ever.
| see the nasty vicious knot |
| da da, right dead center of steek |
The
chances of this ever happening again, let’s see maybe I will win one of the big
lotteries. Hah, and you thought this was going to be a rant! In fairness and I guess I must be fair, the
yarn is Jamieson’s Spindrift and it is a
rarily to find a knot. So, either, their quality control is tight good or
they have no sense of humour.
Up date on the cardi: the sleeves are steeked, the shoulders joined and I
tried it on and it fits. sorry no pic of steeking, will try to have Bob
(husband) take a pic when the cut the front.
On another
note, the favorite flower scarf is finished. It was blocked, out the door, and gifted
as an early birthday present. Thought it would be nice be able to wear it before the heat
comes back. Michigan weather has been
crazier than it normally is.
| blocked the hell out of it |
| and this is what it looks like up close and personal |
| Brie/Esther, I think she likes her scarf |
With the scarf done, guess what I will be starting? Have a bad case of startitis. But first, this weekend
I am off to spend some quaulity time with some black sheep, it’s the guild
retreat. A whole weekend of fiber fun and folic. Yes, yes, I will do my best to take pics, I promise.
I hope. Maybe. In fact I will go down and pack my camera right after I post.
I love the favorite flower scarf! Thank you so much. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about what you start while on retreat.
ReplyDelete