Wednesday
morning, I am off to Bois Blanc Island for an Insel Haus knit retreat. Ya, I
know, just got back from guild retreat, what can I tell you, I lead a hard life.
Will be on the island for 5 days with 2 travel days, that would be 5 days of
lazy island knittin’ and unfortunately not much travel knitting. The State of
Michigan frowns on knitting while driving, personally I do not understand but
there you have it. There will be knitting in the car on the 45 minute ferry
ride to the island.
So
now, the dilemma of what to pack, not what clothes, which projects, of
course. This is a huge only because once
on the island, while there is peace, quiet and lots of time to knit, if you don’t
have something you can’t run to your LYS for that needle you forgot. The other
problem is, what if I run out of knitting, what will I do, OMG, I will have
nothing to do. Of course, the reality of it is there is no way in hell this
will ever happen when one is packing a year’s worth of stuff.
Whatever
I decide will be good, bad or whatever, I guess.
this is stuff in process,
for sure,
I am not a monogamous knitter,
ok, not even close
stuff that OMG,
I might want to start,
you just in case,
you know it could happen,
I could finish the other stuff
Oh and
the camera, tri-pod go also, because you know it is an island and there are
lots of really good photo ops.
Will try
to post from the island if I can you figure out how, and well, sometimes the
best laid plans of mice and man, you know…………………………
On an un-related subject, what I did on (2)Moms, (2) Grandmas and (1)Great Grandma day.
Will explain,
my daughter, Michelle
her daughter/my granddaughter, Sam,
Michelle's grandson / my great grandson / my Sam's nephew,Michael.
We had a fun filled morning at the zoo.
| Little Mike had a blast, is he not the cutest thing going? |
| that's little Mike and Sam making friends with a lion cub |
Have a wonderful time at the island retreat. Ya, I too, wonder if you'll have enough to knit. LOL.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy, enjoy, enjoy!