Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Retreat Saga Continued

We arrived at the RAM in time for a little 'knit & bitch' before dinner.

After dinner, and not necessarily in this order,
the flock asembled
 a little drooling yarn lust over door prizes,
fabulous door prizes

a game of ‘last knitter standing’ (there really is such a board game),
the audience was so attentive
Kelley playing game show host
we love you, Kelley
the warping of the loom for the group project of which I was in charge, silly sheep, putting me in charge of anything, well actually, before the warping there was a huge nasty little crisis of 'how the hell does this thing unfold?' I have had the dumb thing loom for at least 2 years but I have not in all that time put it in 'pack and go' mod. Rita (engineer) and me (weaver?) finally after much trial and tribulation succeeded. Too bad no one got pics of us on our knee's cussing at the loom. video oh ya video would have been good. Very humbling experience. 

no, it does not really take four to warp a loom, it just goes faster that way

and to wind out the night there was a bonfire on the beach.
I skipped the bonfire, was tired after all that shopping and warping and stuff.

Shit, my age is showing.


No comments:

Post a Comment