Monday, June 11, 2012

Garter Stitch Sucks

After miles and miles of groan garter stitch,
 every row, every row,
you just knit and then the next row you just knit
and it never changes it drags
on
and
on
and
on
UNTIL

yes, it is done done done finished
Coloraffection is done finally finally done, stick a fork in me done. But I am not feelin' the love but maybe the ripple effect will block out.

The increases are making it look a little funky.

So  it has best block out nice or it will be placed not very lovingly in the dark dank back of a closet and we will never talk about it again. Stupid stupid shawl.

But the colors are pretty, but still frogg and reknit???
I DO NOT THINK SO! 
The charity blanket is finished  It turned out quite well if I do say so myself. In fairness, the blanket did have color changes and that mitered thing to going for it. Sometimes I am easily amused.

There will, sad to say, probably be another blanket (it is for charity after all). I weighted the blanket and then weighted the left over yarn and oh shit oh joy oh happiness there is enough yarn. Damn! oh oh dang is that not lucky.

Oops, forgot to mention, the designer for the 'Davis' is Tanya Thomann a member of my guild, Black Sheep Knitting Guild. It was named for the charity knit coordinator for the guild, Judith Davis. Thanks to both of you for all your efforts.

1 comment:

  1. Davis looks great. I know a wonderful child will be so blessed to receive it. I also know a wonderful woman would appreciate Coloraffection ripples and all. She would give it a good home and it would increase her begging by 100%.

    ReplyDelete