Finished center comet square and blocked it, so cool, had to show it off to everyone in sight, and those I had to
| Remember this blob |
| it turned into this |
| is it not just so so lovely |
then,
the shit hit the fan (there's always a 'then')
the damned cursed hob star square
cast
on the 60 stitches very loose, knit three rows, compared to comet,
too too damn
loose
Frogged
Cast
on again
Did a
few rows, looked like hell, could not see pattern etc.
thought
and plotted, how to replace stupid hob star
told
myself to get over it, did a few more rows, still looked like shit
more
plotting and charting for substitute for the now-known as - fuckin’ hob star
told
myself to get over it, maybe the designer knew what she was doing
so I knit
a bunch more rows
and
and
guess
what?
OMG!
The
designer knew what she was doing,
| look ,look, you can really see a star forming, OMG, who knew |
I suppose, if, I ever meet Sharon Winsauer, I
owe her one really big large huge gigantic apology for all
the bitching about her charming hob star.
Looking at the pic, I just noticed that I need to work on my gauge. A trifle uneven, oh and can you find the chip in the 'glass', oops (lower left point on star)
And that is my Cut Glass private, KAL rant and I am sure it will not be the last rant before it is done. One hob star partly done and just 9 to go. then a different square and some triangles and corners and a frigging border. It's lookin' like a really long summer year or two.
That's what I love about you. I can always count on a good rant! Hope maybe to see you tonight.
ReplyDeleteWell, it really is lovely Donna! I can't wait to see the finished piece, even if it takes a long time before she materializes in all her glory.
ReplyDelete-Brie