Saturday, July 7, 2012

Life Lines

No, not making frantic phone calls when you don’t know the answer, while I would be nice to do just to cry on their shoulder rant and rant and rant ………… 

Actually, life lines in knitting are used most often in lace knitting or knitted lace. Yeah, there is a difference, one, you do YO on every row, the other you don't, but I digress………….  A LIFE LINE is a ‘thread’ run thru the live stitches just in case of a screw-up, dropped stitches, a mess up of any kind,etc. It gives you a safety net to fall back upon, just in case.  Right, sure!

That said, I DO NOT USE LIFE LINES as a rule. I know it sounds terribly smug arrogant , but in reality, they take extra time and effort, they just bore me and I am terribly lazy. But, of course, that has come up to bite me in the ass a couple of times. The times when I could have used one, did not have one. Then when I put one in I never needed it. Go figure! Life lines are a crap shoot.
this is a case of, shit no life line, and serious tink back

see I put in a life line, it was painful but I did it

and look how pretty it is
would like to say it was helpful
but not so much
Donna’s rule – if you use a life line, it will be a wasted effort, if you don’t use a life line you will live to regret it, go figure.
here I really really could have used one
after this little fun and games
drop down between markers and then knit up
it got a life line every 20 or so rows

'something wicked this way comes'
was the name of the pattern
and it was not kidding
a zillion stitches  



No comments:

Post a Comment