Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bob's Infamous Brioche Scarf

Bob’s scarf is attracting much too much attention! 

Bob being the person that shares my life, home, joys and woes. Man, that is totally gaggy and so not me. Ok, Bob is the person who has been hanging around for 40 odd years.
How the scarf came to be, short version: went to class for brioche at Heritage, where I cast on for a lovely cabled scarf, cast off at a weekend retreat on Bois Blanc Island, came home and Bob claimed the scarf, it was suppose be mine.  This was the first heist of the scarf!


Beth  the Wonder Beagle
The second heist was when Bob was shopping at the local pet store with Miss Beth, the renowned wonder beagle mix, store cashiers tried talking him into giving the scarf to them. Something about, how nice it would go with their coats. When that did not work, there is talk about ripping it off, litterally and figuratively.  A few days later, same scarf, fast forward, picking up Beth at doggie day care, owner had scarf envy. She wanted to trade Beth for the scarf. Well actually she wants both the scarf and Beth. Seem most everybody loves Beth, she is most popular with her dog friends and with human friends but I digress.   

Beth at her scary best
Bob does have some strange idea that Beth will protect him from all marauding cashiers and dog day care people and that his scarf is safe. Ha, Beth can be bought with a tasty dog biscuit or just a little lovin’. I am thinking, I should take out insurance for the scarf since in reality we can not count on Beth’s protection.
Stories will be written I am sure about the Great Bioche Scarf Heist and maybe even a movie deal.

And yes I did knit myself a replacement scarf

Pattern: Reversible Scarf in Bi-color Brioche by Christa Kendt Newhouse

3 comments:

  1. Yes, now I want one too. and I should get one because I am the real Beth and that one who pretends to be all cute and sweet and barks and rolls over? Well I don't know about her story, but I should get a scarf and it should be orange and green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Must say that I wouldn't be at all unhappy if I were ever wearing one of these! But then I love to wear everything you have made for me. Lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here Beth, here Beth, that's right. . bring the scarf. Good Girl, here is your cookie!
    Since my begging gets nowhere with you Donna, I will count on Beth the Wonderdog!

    ReplyDelete