Monday, January 23, 2012

We Will Never Speak of this Again

At best I just a novice weaver, pretty good on a rigid heddle but the Glimakra Julia loom I am still trying to master the warping.

a previous project just so you know I have used the loom
Had a lovely piece all about the lovely scarf I was going to weave. I should, I must, I guess, justify the weave in Knit. Knit. Weave. But since I don’t really feel like ranting, this being only the first month of the blog. I will say that the weaving did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. Well, truth be told, it is fucked up royal. Seems I like to do things the hard way at least in the learning stages of a craft. If there is a way to make a mess, I will find it. Needless to say it is easier to warp a loom than to un-warp it. Just take my word for it. Said I was not going to rant, oops I lied, it’s a mini rant.

In place of the wonderful dismal post all about the warping of the Julia, there will be pictures of finished projects done on a ridgit heddle.







Life will go on, the loom is un-warped and ready to be re-warped. If you hear a loud scream in the univerise, pay no attention. We will never speak of this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment