Sunday, January 15, 2012

If I Could Read, I Would Be Dangerous

Pattern: Vitamin D by Heidi Kirrmaiera   
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool  in a lovely sage green


Up to date work so far on vitamin zzz: yoke was done with not a problem as far as I was aware, there was a stupid mishap lurking, however. So I knitted the sleeves, both at the same time, opped out of ¾ sleeves and made mine full length. Did some strange increase to make it work. Tried on just to be sure all was well. It fit. Did the happy dance.


So there I was happily knitting along with Wednesday sit & knit friends at my LYS, doing wrap & turns.  So, pleased that I had gotten so much acomplished, should have known, it was an exercise in futility.  The problem started when I got home, just to be sure I was on the right track, decided to count stitches. (ya I sometimes do that) Shit, stitch count was shot to hell, made no sense, so while trying to decide if I could live with it.  Re-read the pattern, oops, if I could read I would truly be dangerous, I was to repeat ALL 4 rows, not just row 3 &4. OH, I guess that means I did not do that silly little increase in row 1. While agonizing over that, I notice a huge little mistake before the short rows even begin. Where there should be a single hole, a doubled up mess 2 yo increase for the price of one, what the hell.  What took a hours of knitting got frogged in a matter of minutes. You so do not want to know what I was muttering as I did the dirty deed. 


the front side



no any prettier on the wrong side




Days later, back on track, re-knit all that was ripped out and life goes one.  The good part of all this is that I fixed re-did all the wonky wrap and turns. Ya found the instuctions on last page of pattern. I know if I could read I would be………………….


Alas, bad beginner blogger mistake forgot to take pic of the mess

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'm SO there with you about reading directions. I, too, would be highly dangerous if I were to do so before I started knitting away.

    P.S. Love the look of your new blog.

    ReplyDelete