'Ain’t life a bitch when you have to learn'
So when my friend Ann posted about learning how to warp a loom a while ago, not wanting to seem like a slacker, I thought it best to get my ass in gear and warp the Julia (Glimakra loom). Sad to say but I still can not do this without referring to Joan’s book on how to warp your loom. This is really pathetic, as I go step by step, taking breaks so my head does not explode. Ya, things one does for fun.

So it is warped and now the plan.
First was to give it a name, ‘purple grape scarf’. Opal Sport sock yarn for warp and a purple yarn for weft, nice plan, nice name, total crap. Tried a different yarn for weft, looked like shit……….. not going well.
And then, a brilliant plan, the sweet smell of success, pulled out a lovely white with silver sparkle. And it worked really worked, happiness in the land. But now the name 'purple grape' just did not work… so we had a name change to 'white sparkles'. Yes, I know this is a lame name, so do not bother to point it out, I’m happy so just leave me alone, ok.
| can ya see the sparkles |
This scarf is to be a gift to someone special who I think can use a little sparkle in their world. not tellin' who, do not ask and sorry Jacque, it is not you
On the rigid heddle front, the knit Michigan scarf has been done for a while except for the weaving in of the loose ends and twizzling of the fringe.
Now working on a project for the black sheep retreat, shh, It’s a secret so……….. no telling, no pics.
And a lot of knitting has been going on, but we will discuss that another time
How about hidden rainbow?
ReplyDeleteWhat! Not for me! I don't want you to give me anything, it is much more fun begging! Enjoy the retreat and have fun. The person who gets this scarf will receive a very special gift!
ReplyDelete